This position includes assisting operating companies (clientele) with the implementation of their occupational health & safety standards and industry recommended practices. This is achieved through and by United Safety’s policy, standards, procedures and management direction, as well as monitoring the activities of workers during routine, call-out, or facility maintenance and shutdown projects. This is conducted in a variety of environments in the upstream, midstream and down stream petroleum industry, including plant turnaround and construction projects.
May include, but not be limited to, the following hazardous environment protection roles:
- Confined space monitor (when workers inside vessels)
- Fire watch (when workers performing hot work)
- Bottle watch (operating and attending breathing air supply equipment)
- Gas monitoring (using electronic gas monitoring devices to assess air quality in work area)
- Safety monitoring for other activities, including but not limited to: blinding, blanking, valve removal, piping, etc.
- Breathing apparatus activities
Please email your resume to Careers@UnitedSafety.net, with "Safety Watch Personnel Wanted (USS)" in the subject line, or apply by fax to (403) 948-5190. Have a question about this position? Contact us here.
United Shutdown Safety is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest in United Safety.
All resumes will be reviewed and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“Working safe is a condition of employment”
United Safety is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse workforce.